About Care Ministry
Care Ministry exists to glorify and honor God by resourcing local churches and emboldening leaders to engage and equip their congregants to love and care about people in ways that align with Scripture and the mission of the Church.
Members of our Board of Advisors are affiliated with several churches and denominations. Though individually we may associate with and adhere to doctrines that differ, we believe that what unites us is far stronger than what divides us.
- The Bible, consisting of the Old and New Testament, is the inspired and infallible Word of God and is the Divine and final authority for all Christian faith and life.
- There is one true and living God who is infinitely perfect and eternally exists as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- God the Father is the creator and sustainer of all things, and that He created man in His own image for fellowship and worship.
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God, the living Word, fully human and fully divine. Being born of the Virgin Mary, He died on the cross as a sacrifice for our sins, was raised from the dead in victory over death and sin, and ascended into heaven. He will come again to judge the living and the dead.
- The Holy Spirit dwells in believers and has the power to convict, guide, instruct, and enable all people to conform to the image and character of Christ.
- That biblical commandments, principles, and teachings are relevant, meaningful, and for the good of all people.
- That abundant and eternal life is found in knowing the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom the Father sent.
- The church is the fellowship of all believers in Jesus Christ, commissioned by Jesus to make, grow, and equip disciples for ministry and service.
- That caring ministry may be the ultimate discipling opportunity as it is frequently when facing trials and troubles that people truly realize their need for Jesus and one another.
Philippians 4:4-20 is our guiding Scripture. These verses remind us:
- That our hope is in the Lord
- To be steadfast in our faith
- To be devoted to prayer
- That God is trustworthy
- To serve God and others
- The importance of community
- That churches respond differently
- To be deliberate about engaging others
- To practice Christian virtues
- To encourage and learn from one another
Founder & President
Charles Puchta (pronounced Puck-ta) is the founder and president of Care Ministry. He has devoted his life to equipping and emboldening church leaders and churchgoers to care in ways that advocate discipling and the advancement of core biblical principles. As a devoted follower of Jesus who is masters prepared in both business and health education, Puchta brings a unique combination of passion, perspective, and process that helps churches to harness opportunities to love and care about people (Matthew 22:39, 28:20).
Puchta specializes in designing curriculum and developing educational materials. His distinctive gift is his ability to take complex subject matter, distill it, and communicate it in a way that makes sense to the audience. He has a proven track record that is summed up nicely in the following testimonial: "You have masterfully presented practical, biblical, and actionable information about a very complex subject."
He is the former director of the Center for Aging with Dignity at the University of Cincinnati College of Nursing (May 2005 - January 2015). The Center was devoted to keeping people "SAFE After 60" by advocating for, advancing and developing best-practices programs on the safety and mistreatment of older adults.
"Charles is a dynamic and compelling speaking. He exudes passion, provokes thought, and challenges his audience to apply what they learn. The participant feedback we receive is always excellent."