Click on the button to request a FREE Preview of a Training Module. Upon receipt of your request, we will send you an email that includes a link and password to access our Growing Through Adversity training module.
Care Ministry Considerations
What's next for your church?
- Would you like to start a caring ministry or establish a care team?
- Do you wish your deacons/elders were more engaged and enthusiastic about caring?
- Are you searching for biblically-based care ministry training to equip leaders, care team members, and others to care well?
- Would you like to shift to a church culture that is more about loving people and less about offering programs?
- Do you envision something bigger but aren't sure where to start?
We can help!
We help churches:
- Advance a biblically-based discipling model of care
- Align caring ministry efforts and expressions of care with Scripture
- Establish a standard of care that is consistent with the mission of the church
- Develop a structure and implementation plan
- Equip people to care in ways that foster genuine relationships and spiritual growth
- Overcome the awkwardness that is frequently associated with caring
- Care in ways that make a lasting difference
"Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us" (1 John 4:11-12).
TESTIMONIAL: "Your resources and step-by-step approach have opened our eyes and empowered us to evaluate our current efforts and align caring with the mission of our church. You made what appeared to be an ominous process simple and straightforward. Having the right tools and training has made all the difference."
The Problem & Opportunity: Caring is NOT intuitive!
Despite good intentions, Christians regularly do and say things that are inept and come across as insensitive.
The natural human tendency is to:
- Engage mostly in passing and superficial conversation
- Fear situations (and avoid people) that cause us to step outside of our comfort zone
- Be so busy with our day-to-day routines that we view loving and caring for one another as an inconvenience
- Associate caring with ‘tasks to be completed’ and ‘problems to be fixed’
- Concentrate on people’s problems and struggles
- Focus on 'good deed' (aka, practical and social support)
- Over think, try to figure things out on our own, and turn to prayer as a last resort
- Ask questions to satisfy our curiosity, share platitudes, give unsolicited advice, and attempt to ‘fix it’ or ‘make it better’
Scripture teaches otherwise. We know from the Bible:
- God uses adversity to get our attention, reveal Himself, draw us to Him, and transform hearts
- The importance of deep, meaningful relationships and building one another up
- Caring is about ‘loving people’ and ‘growing in unity and maturity’
- Caring focuses on people; their heart and soul
- Provide emotional support and spiritual encouragement
- God wants us to cast our cares on Him, pray continually, and give thanks in all circumstances
- It is caring to express sympathy, listen, share an encouraging Word, and pray with and for people
- To seek the Lord, and rely on Him for hope, peace, provision, and strength
CAUTION: The combination of good intentions and ‘good' people doesn’t inevitably equate to loving and caring for people as Jesus commands. In other words, without a concerted effort, a clear sense of purpose, and solid biblically-based training, expressions of care are naturally secular and void of any spiritual support and encouragement.
TESTIMONIAL: Your resources are spot on!
TESTIMONIAL: Essential resources for every church!
Care Partner Resources and Support
Our Tools for Ministry Leaders draw your attention to the issues that are critical to consider and vital to the success of a caring ministry. We equip ministry leaders to:
- Assess current caring efforts
- Identify training needs and opportunities
- Establish standards and expectations
- Determine who to engage and equip with training
- Prioritize who to train initially and subsequently
- Facilitate training sessions
- Maintain enthusiasm and engagement over time
Without fundamental Training, Christians do and say whatever they think is best. (See Isaiah 55:8) For a list of topics covered, click on the Partner Portal tab. Our training is based on God's Word, grounded in Scripture, and highlights biblical passages, parables, and principles. Our training resources include:
- Training guides
- Facilitator outlines
- Introductory videos
- PowerPoint slides
- YouTube videos
- Follow-up emails
- And more!
We offer extensive Support! We are committed to focusing on your needs and aspirations, guiding you through the implementation process, and helping you expand your effort over time. Knowing that every church is different, we personalize the process and keep in touch through monthly coaching calls. The purpose of the calls is:
- To review progress, answer questions, and address issues and needs.
- To discuss opportunities, process ideas, and provide an objective opinion
- To pray and offer spiritual encouragement
In addition to scheduled calls that we initiate, we always welcome your calls and emails.
24/7 Online Access & Unlimited Use
Our tools and training guides are accessible via the links on Partner Portal page on our website. Subscribing churches also receive access to many support resources (e.g., exercise, surveys, videos, PowerPoint slides, facilitator guides, follow-up emails) through a shared drive. Per the terms of our Agreement, Care Partner churches are welcome to share any of the resources with people directly affiliated with their church in either print or electronic format.
Pricing & Next Step
There's a one-time charge of $99 plus a nominal monthly fee. Take the next step and we'll send you a copy of our Care Partner Agreement which includes pricing. To get started, simply complete and return the Agreement. Upon receipt, we'll contact you to schedule a one-hour On-Boarding call. The purpose of the call is threefold:
- To clarify your aspirations, challenges, and needs.
- To familiarize you with our resources, log-in process, and shared drive.
- To help you layout a short-term plan and offer suggestions and direction.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We stand behind our resources with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Within the first 90 days, if for any reason you are not completely satisfied, we will cancel your subscription and refund your monthly fees.
TESTIMONIAL: Exceptional and affordable!
Focus, Focus, Focus
Talking with pastors and church leaders everyday, a common challenge seems to be keeping focused. Realizing how easy it is to be pulled in many different directions, we developed this video as a reminder of why we (the church) exists! Deception and diversions are tricks the enemy uses to distract us and have us focus on lessor things.
"Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken the love you had at first. Consider how far you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first." (Revelation 2:4-5a)