About Care Ministry
Care Ministry exists to glorify and honor God by resourcing local churches and emboldening leaders to engage and equip their congregants to love and care for people in ways that align with Scripture and the mission of the church.
“But God has so composed the body, giving greater honor to the part that lacked it, that there may be no division in the body, but that the members may have the same care for one another. If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together. Now you are the body of Christ and individually members of it.” (1 Corinthians 12:24b-27, ESV – italics added)
“We who are strong must be considerate of those who are sensitive about things like this. We must not just please ourselves. We should help others do what is right and build them up in the Lord.” (Romans 15:1-2, NLT)
“For the whole law is summed up in a single commandment, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”” (Galatians 5:14, NRSV)
"Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us." (1 John 4:11-12, NIV)
Our Values and Views
Members of our Board of Advisors are affiliated with several churches and denominations. Though individually we may associate with and adhere to doctrines that differ, we believe that what unites us is far stronger that what divides us. At Care Ministry, we believe:
- The Bible, consisting of the Old and New Testament, is the inspired and inerrant Word of God and is the Divine and final authority for all Christian faith and life.
- There is one true and living God who is infinitely perfect and eternally exists as three persons: the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- God the Father is the creator and sustainer of all things, and that He created man in His own image for fellowship and worship.
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God, the living Word, fully human and fully divine. Being born of the Virgin Mary, He died on the cross as a sacrifice for our sins, was raised from the dead in victory over death and sin, and ascended into heaven. He will come again to judge the living and the dead.
- The Holy Spirit dwells in all believers and has the power to convict, guide, instruct, and enable all people to conform to the image and character of Christ.
- That biblical commandments, principles, and teachings are relevant, meaningful, and for the good of all people.
- That abundant and eternal life is found in knowing the only true God, through Jesus Christ, whom the Father sent.
- The church is the fellowship of all believers in Jesus Christ, commissioned by Jesus to make, grow, and equip disciples for ministry and service.
- That caring ministry may be the ultimate discipling opportunity as it is frequently when facing trials and troubles that people truly realize their need for Jesus and one another.
We also believe:
- That loving and caring for one another are fundamental yet often overlooked or misunderstood expressions of the Christian faith.
- As God’s beloved, we are called to be imitators of Jesus and walk in love.
- Caring in ways that align with Scripture reveals our love for God and sets us apart as Jesus' disciples.
- Central to care are enjoying Jesus, praying, sharing God’s Word, and giving thanks in all circumstances.
Philippians 4:4-20 is our guiding Scripture. These verses remind us:
- That our hope is in the Lord
- To be steadfast in our faith
- To be devoted to prayer
- That God is trustworthy
- To serve God and others
- The importance of community
- That churches respond differently
- To be deliberate about engaging others
- To practice Christian virtues
- To encourage and learn from one another
Care Partner Churches
We are privileged to partner with churches across the U.S. and Canada including Associated Gospel, Baptist, C&MA, Church of Christ, Church of God, Congregational, Evangelical Free, Lutheran, Nazarene, Non-Denominational, Presbyterian, Reformed, United Methodist, Wesleyan, and more.